The Trial of Jesus
You have the responsibility as members of the jury to render a verdict which is fair and impartial. Your verdict should be based upon the evidence presented in this trial and carefully read over what the witnesses say.
- John the Baptist- John 1:29 "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'"
- Simon Peter- Matthew 16:16 "Simon Peter answered , 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'"
- John the Apostle- John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
- Martha Friend of Jesus- John 11:27 "'Yes, Lord,' she told him, 'I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.'"
- The Apostle Paul- Romans 1:4 "And who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power of the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord."
- Angel From Heaven- Luke 2:11 "Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."
- Jehovah God- Matthew 17:5 "While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him.'"
- Pharisees- Luke 15:2 "But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, 'This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.'"
- Ciaphas Chief Priest of Israel- Matthew 26:63-65 "The high priest said to him,' I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of the God.' Yes, it is as you say, ' Jesus replied. 'But I say to all of you : In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.' Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, 'He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?'"
- Roman Centurion in charge of Crucifying Jesus - Mark 15:39 "And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said , ' Surely this man was the Son of God!'"
- Pilate Roman Governor of Israel- Luke 23:13-14 "Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people, and said to them, 'You brought me this man as one of who was inciting the people to rebellion. i have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him.'" (also you can look at Matthew 27:11-24)
- Judas Iscariot Betrayer of Jesus- Matthew 27:4 "'I have sinned,' he said,'for I have betrayed innocent blood."
- Demon from the Dark Abyss- Mark 1:24 "' What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you came to destroy us? I know who you are- the Holy One of God!'"
I hope that this helped you decide. I encourage you to read the Gospel over and over again! If we really want to be like our Rabbi than we need to know what he said, because that is the only way we are going to know what we need to act like.