Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Well if I had been on time day 10 would have been on thanksgiving! I wanted to something a little different since it was thanksgiving and since there wasn't enough time to list everything I am thankful for. I am going to list 10 things I am thankful for!
- I'm thankful for clean water!
- I'm thankful for a big backyard to run around in!
- I'm thankful for a Bible of my own!
- I'm thankful for the Volunteer job I have been blessed with!
- I'm thankful for this blog!
- I'm thankful for FOOD!
- I'm thankful for a camera!
- I'm thankful for being able to play the piano for 9 almost 10 years!
- I'm thankful for those who have posted a comment!
- I'm thankful for children! I absolutely love to play with them!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
I'm thankful for my friends! I have the greatest friends a person could ask for! It is so nice to have friends that love the Lord with all their hearts! I have friends that range in ages from 1 to... (I'm not really sure! =D) Thank you Lord for my friends!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Ok so I have guessed you've noticed I have only made one post on my countdown. Well let me tell ya... I'VE BEEN BUSY! With thanksgiving just around the corner and other stuff this month it's been crazy!! Also meetings and school have really made my time tight this week. I have started this book called Thinking Like a Christian. What I have seen so far from it I highly recomend. (once you get past the first day)lol.... there is some brainstorming in the beginning so don't freak out if you buy the book! The book is designed to show you how to understand and apply a Christian Worldview to things.
- I am thankful for their Christian leadership in our home.
- I am thankful that they have taught me to love Jesus with all my heart!
- I am thankful that my parents are my mentors, teachers and are willing to help me when I need them!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Hey everyone! No I have not forgotten the blog!!!!!!! I have let Mac take over for a little while because she went on vacation for two whole weeks plus she was very busy for a while when we first started...so....You might say I am letting her catch up on all the lost time! Ha!Ha!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Sister Suk Wan was such a believer. She lived for the Lord, faithfully and courageously. She was arrested for her faith and thrown into prisons were she was beaten and tortured. She became seriously ill and requested to be brought to the town square to speak to the people. (People were often brought there to be shown to the public in order to deny the faith or to undergo self-criticism trials.) The organizers were convinced she wanted to deny her faith before she would die. Two policemen helped her onto the stage. She could hardly stand. She had bruises all over her face. She gathered her last strength and cried, "To God be the glory. Jesus is my Lord." Then she collapsed and died. She could die for the Lord because she had lived for Him.
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8).
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
- John the Baptist- John 1:29 "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'"
- Simon Peter- Matthew 16:16 "Simon Peter answered , 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'"
- John the Apostle- John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
- Martha Friend of Jesus- John 11:27 "'Yes, Lord,' she told him, 'I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world.'"
- The Apostle Paul- Romans 1:4 "And who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power of the Son of God by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord."
- Angel From Heaven- Luke 2:11 "Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."
- Jehovah God- Matthew 17:5 "While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him.'"
- Pharisees- Luke 15:2 "But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, 'This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.'"
- Ciaphas Chief Priest of Israel- Matthew 26:63-65 "The high priest said to him,' I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of the God.' Yes, it is as you say, ' Jesus replied. 'But I say to all of you : In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.' Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, 'He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. What do you think?'"
- Roman Centurion in charge of Crucifying Jesus - Mark 15:39 "And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said , ' Surely this man was the Son of God!'"
- Pilate Roman Governor of Israel- Luke 23:13-14 "Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people, and said to them, 'You brought me this man as one of who was inciting the people to rebellion. i have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him.'" (also you can look at Matthew 27:11-24)
- Judas Iscariot Betrayer of Jesus- Matthew 27:4 "'I have sinned,' he said,'for I have betrayed innocent blood."
- Demon from the Dark Abyss- Mark 1:24 "' What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you came to destroy us? I know who you are- the Holy One of God!'"
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Please pray for the families of the people that were killed! Also, pray for the doctors that will be working on the wounded.
Talking about death makes me think about life and how precious it is. Life is so precious! I think death is one of the main things that can make us worry. It comforts me to know that my Heavenly Father knows how long I will live and I don't need to worry because his Son has told me not to. When someone in my family dies or a friend's family member dies it makes me think about my life! Am I treating every one with love and respect? When someone dies it make me want to be close to my family because I don't know how much longer they will be here on this earth or how much longer I will be here.
HOW GREAT THOU ART
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
To me this is the most beautiful hymn there is!! The lyrics and just the sound of the song itself is so overwhelmingly lovely! Of course I have more favorites but when I hear this one it seems like I could lift off and fly to heaven.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Hey everyone! Today we picked up pecans beneath the mosquito infested trees!! I bet I have a million bites! All the rain we've had has caused them to be numerous and ferocious. lol... We collected a couple buckets full and will have plenty of pecans for pecan pies and other delicious food on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I absolutely love spending time with my family! Our Thanksgiving is actually a family reunion so there are lots and lots of people who come!
Hey everyone! Kat made a new blog, Beautiful Elegant Designs! On it she will be posting how to dress modestly but fashionable at the same time. Go check it out! She just started it so you will have to bare with her. Not to mention that it is probably better that she is doing it and not me because I am not that fashionable and I would run out of ideas rather quickly! :D
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009