Followers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Are you willing to die for Christ?


Sister Chen

Are we willing to die for the Lord? That is a difficult question. A question that can be answered however is, are we willing to live for Him?

Sister Suk Wan was such a believer. She lived for the Lord, faithfully and courageously. She was arrested for her faith and thrown into prisons were she was beaten and tortured. She became seriously ill and requested to be brought to the town square to speak to the people. (People were often brought there to be shown to the public in order to deny the faith or to undergo self-criticism trials.) The organizers were convinced she wanted to deny her faith before she would die. Two policemen helped her onto the stage. She could hardly stand. She had bruises all over her face. She gathered her last strength and cried, "To God be the glory. Jesus is my Lord." Then she collapsed and died. She could die for the Lord because she had lived for Him.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race. I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8).


Are you willing to die for Christ? I have never been persecuted like Sister Suk Wan, but I often ask myself the question; would I be willing to die for Christ? I don't think I would die for Him, I know I would, though it wouldn't be easy! Jesus tells us that we are going to be persecution and we are. You may not feel the persecution yourself but WE as a body of believers are! We can't ignore our brethren! Pray for them, and write to them letters of encouragement! If you need help not knowing how to write to them visit the Voice of the Martyrs.
In Christ,
~Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for posting on our blog! We have the comment moderation up. which means all posts will have to go past our parents before they are seen. Thanks again!

whos.amung.us