I typically ask myself, "What does Daddy mean to me?" So today why don't you tell him how special he is to you! I know it's hard! I don't think I have ever told my daddy how much I love him and how much he means to me. I don't think I could ever put it all down but I wish I could!
If you don't have an earthly daddy there is a heavenly Father who is waiting on you; even if you have a daddy He still wants to be your Father! Today I think we should remember Him too! You can ask yourself the same questions that you asked yourself about your daddy- What does He mean to me? Why don't you spend a couple of minutes with Him. Now I know it might sound a bit crazy that God could be just as loving as your daddy here on earth but it's true!
I thought it would be interesting to list some of the similarities between an earthly daddy and our heavenly Father!
- Just like our earthly daddies, He is the head - Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
- We are His children just like we are our daddy's (parents)!- 1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
- Our Heavenly Father wants a relationship with us just like our daddies do.
- Your daddy cares for you and so does our heavenly Father (Matthew 6:26-Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?)
- Our daddies sometimes like to give gifts as does our heavenly Father-James 1:17- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. The greatest gift of all was His Son! John 3:16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Thanks Daddy for all that you do!